Pro Health & Rehab is a leading chiropractic practice nestled in the heart of Marietta, GA. Since 1999, we have been dedicated to providing exceptional chiropractic care and massage therapy to the residents of Marietta and the wider Cobb County. Our board-certified chiropractors specialize in non-surgical treatments designed to alleviate pain, enhance mobility, and address a myriad of other health conditions. We offer a range of services, including spinal decompression, which can provide significant relief for patients suffering from back pain, neck pain, sciatica, migraines, nerve compression, sports injuries, and even those recovering from car accidents.
Your First Chiropractic Visit: What to Expect
When you first visit Pro Health & Rehab, you can expect a thorough consultation and examination before any chiropractic adjustments or spinal manipulations are performed. The initial visit typically takes longer than subsequent visits, usually ranging from 45 minutes to an hour. Follow-up visits are generally shorter, averaging around 20 minutes.
Your first visit will typically encompass the following three areas:
- You will be asked to lie on a specially designed table that facilitates chiropractic treatments and therapies while ensuring your comfort.
- The chiropractor will manipulate your spine by pulling, pushing, or rotating parts of your body.
- The chiropractor may use an activator, a small handheld instrument, to make minor adjustments. This device delivers a quick, low-force pulse to the joints.
- You may hear a popping sound as the chiropractor makes adjustments. This is normal and akin to the sound made when cracking knuckles.
- You should not expect to feel pain during treatments.
- After your adjustment, the chiropractor may provide additional treatments such as heat therapy, cold therapy, and muscle massage.
1. Patient History
You will be asked to complete a brief form providing background information about your symptoms and medical history. The form will include questions about why you are seeking chiropractic care, any past injuries, the onset of your pain, the location of the pain, and whether the pain was triggered by an injury. It will also inquire about the nature of the pain, whether it's constant or intermittent. The form will also ask about any pre-existing medical conditions and your family's medical history.
2. Physical Exam & Diagnosis
A typical chiropractic exam includes general tests such as reflex checks, range of motion assessments, and evaluations of muscle strength and tone. The chiropractor may palpate your spine, assess your posture, and ask you to perform specific movements to evaluate the affected area. After reviewing your history and examination results, the chiropractor may decide if X-rays are necessary to guide the treatment plan. X-rays can provide a clearer picture of your condition and help identify the exact location causing discomfort. These can be performed in-office and are usually ready for review within minutes.
If the chiropractor determines that there are no major concerns, treatment can commence. Here's what you can expect during a treatment session:
If you're in the Marietta area and seeking a chiropractor near you, we invite you to contact Pro Health & Rehab today to schedule a chiropractic appointment. We're here to help you on your journey to better health.